Customer Return & Re-stocking Policy
All requests for “Return Material Authorization” must be within 12 months of invoice date and be substantiated with the original invoice at time of sale.
A: Stock Items
- Listed Stock Items at the returning branch location will be subject to a 15% restocking charge. (Items may vary from one location to another)
- All returns must be pre-authorized with an RMA (return material authorization) number.
- The material must be in its original packaging and in new and resalable condition. (Exception would be "defective goods" – see below)
- Credit will not be given on automation products where the factory seal has been broken
- A return material authorization (RMA) does not constitute an automatic credit but an acknowledgement that the product has been accepted for review. Material is subject to inspection at our warehouse prior to final credit being issued. Any material being returned as new will be rejected if it has been altered or installed.
- Material is to be returned prepaid to our receiving department.
- Additional charges may be added if labour and material is required to ensure returned material is suitable for resale.
- Lengths of wire, cut to order may NOT be returned.
- Unauthorized items will be returned collect.
B: Non Stock Items
- Listed but non-stock items will be subject to a 25% restocking charge.
- There are no returns on non stock/non listed items except if the manufacturer is willing to take it back. An additional 15% may be added over and above the manufacturer’s restocking charge.
- Approval must be attained before project or non stock material is returned.
- Material will be subject to the manufacturer’s Return Goods Policy, restocking charges and terms and conditions.
C: Cash Sales
- Cash Sale credits require a copy of the original slip, where a credit card has been used, to enable a machine credit to be completed.
- Original receipt must be produced at all times.
- If the original purchase was paid in cash and the customer is exchanging goods, a cash refund cannot exceed $25.00. The balance or entire amount will be issued by cheque from the Rexel Head Office.
- All other conditions detailed in A & B apply.
D: Defective Material
- Full details must be provided at time of return.
- All warranty and defective claims are based on our Supplier’s policies in place at time of purchase.
- Material may be accepted for credit/repair or replacement based on the prior evaluation by Rexel/our Supplier.
- Credit will not be allowed for material which can be repaired.
Full credit or no charge replacement will apply due to a Rexel error and goods are returned within thirty (30) days.
Any exception to the above requires approval from the Branch/District or Regional Manager/General Manager as appropriate.